Huggies unveils revised version of commercial . . . and they nailed it.

After listening to our feedback, Huggies has gone back and remade the commercials from their “Dad Test” series of advertisements, to make clear that it is the DIAPERS being tested, not the DADS.

Below is the a special preview for the new version of the “Easy Chair” ad, which will begin airing on Monday, March 26th. I’ve been given permission to share it with you all! 🙂

Kudos to them for making such a big change and taking seriously the opportunity to show real, involved, competent and confident dads with their babies.

I look forward to seeing the rest of the newly revised campaign.

(NOTE: You can still see the old version of the “Easy Chair” ad here for comparison, though I don’t know for how long.)

16 Comments

• Although this ad doesn’t depict retarded fathers, I still wonder why only fathers are in it. Why not both moms and dads?

• That’s definitely been part of my conversation with them — that we dads aren’t really asking specifically for commercials in the future that FEATURE dads, so much as dads just be treated like regular parents with their presence as users of Huggies products not being a big deal.

But that said, their intention for these ones IS to give the spotlight to dads for a change, only now it’s in a more positive light. So hurrah for that. 🙂

• I’ve already seen this commercial on the air.

• No, this one has not aired yet. What you would have seen was the old version, which included lines like “we put them to the ultimate test… dads, alone with their babies.”

This isn’t an all new commercial, it’s the least offensive of the old ones with a newly recorded voice-over.

• Well done, excellent work!

• Much better. *fistbump*

• Yahhh thats how the Dads roll! — ok we’re cool now Huggies 🙂

• As a great grandmother of five, almost six, great grand children, it does my heart so much good to see what great jobs fathers are doing today. Keep up the great work MEN! You will reap the rewards over and over in years to come. Oh! Well, snuggling a baby is a reward too! :*)

• The pic of the Dad hold the child like a football is still up on the Huggies FB page

• Actually, that IS the replacement that they put up as part of changing the campaign a week or so ago. The old one looked like this: http://bit.ly/GKk8Mz

I don’t have a problem with the new photo at all. The dad looks confident and the baby is happy.

But really, the important change isn’t the photo itself anyhow — though the old one definitely looked like more of a doofus — it’s in the new text. “Have Dad put Huggies to the test” is far more clear better than “Put them to the Dad Test”, and implies an experienced guy seeing what works best, rather than dad using it being somehow harder on a diaper.

• I thought the new one does far better justice to stay at home dads. There is way too much dad bashing commercials out there.

• Well about time they got the commercial right! Way to go Dads!!!! I am a mom and grandmother and I get the pleasure of watching our son care for his daughters — such a great dad! I’m richly blessed with 3 wonderful men in my life, my dad, my husband and my son! All fantastic loving fathers!!

• […] Along the same lines, Huggies was bashed earlier this year for their commercials from their “Dad Test” commercials. So, they went back and changed their ads. See the story about the revamped ad at DaddyDoctrines.com. […]

• […] this year. I’ve been looking forward to it all year, and was really excited to find out that Huggies once again stepped up as the title sponsor, continuing their quest to make right what went wrong so […]

• […] in the US fixed their mistake as Chris wrote about in this sotry; Huggies Unveils Revised Version of Commercial and They Nailed It. Huggies is also a major sponsor of the National At Home Dad Network conference. Other brands like […]

• […] Such was the case with all three, and all three responded to the feedback in positive ways. They did […]