< Day 1
Today I am thankful for…
6) My mom, who taught me to always be singing.
7) My dad, who taught me to ask a lot of questions.
8) My brother, who knew before I did how much I wanted to be a dad someday.
9) My sister, who is a real life superhero.
10) My grandparents on both sides, who made some pretty sweet parents for me, and then let them get together and make me.
Day 3 >
Yesterday my church here in Portland started a new sermon series called “We Give Thanks,” a surprisingly non-November focus on (spoiler alert) Thankfulness.
One of the things we were challenged to do was to write out five things every day that we’re thankful for this week, and I’ve decided to do it on here as part of the accountability to, y’know, actually do it.
These won’t be deep, and I won’t get into detail. But these are the things I am thankful for this week:
1) My wife, who is my best friend.
2) My boys, who are my delight.
3) My home, where I am warm and dry and fed.
4) My health, which is better than I deserve.
5) My city, which is already inspiring me.
Day 2 >